Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- Turkey 'shot down plane for IS oil'
- Climate talks 'could be turning point'
- China's yuan gains IMF reserve status
- Iraq warns of assault on IS-held Ramadi
- Turkey rounds up hundreds of migrants
- Trial over Freddie Gray death begins
- Two guilty of Palestinian's murder
- Chicago on edge after another arrest
- Pope: Christians and Muslims are brothers
- Brussels security delays St Nicholas
- Gumtree 'baby seller' pleads guilty
- Justin Trudeau using father's desk
- Giant Turkmenistan choir sets record
- VIDEO: Climate issues dividing rich and poor
- VIDEO: Climate 'changing Vanuatu forever'
- VIDEO: People of Kiribati 'may have to relocate'
- VIDEO: Highlights from Pope's African visit
- VIDEO: Haka performed for Jonah Lomu
- VIDEO: Bald eagle rescue captured on camera
- VIDEO: The 'biggest' solar farm in the world
- VIDEO: Singing back at the trolls
- Will Nigeria follow China's lead?
- Pope in a reasonably priced car
- SA grapples with worst drought in 30 years
- Targeting racist trolls by putting their comments on billboards
30 Nov, 2015
Chile - increase tension on border areas with Peru and Bolivia, India - Dengue Fever outbreak in Delhi, Burma - NLD party to win election, Kenya - continued threat of further terrrorism, India - heightened security threat in Kashmir & jammu, Argentina - Macri wins election, China - increased pollution in cities...
26 Nov, 2015
High crime levels in many cities & some civil unrest. The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. South and Central America offers so many opportinites to travellers, perhaps more than any other continent. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. However crime levels are high in some cities, so concentrate on the best bits, the rural area; the Pantanal, Andes, Amazon, Atacama Desert, Patagonia, Chilean and Argentinian Lake District.......
Tensions between Chile and Peru and Bolivia over northern borders areaa. Expect increase in patrols, checkpints etc
Experts concerned that thie 2015-2016 El Nino weather pattern will be severe - Peru and Ecudaor most at risk...
Having done a fair amount of travelling before, I was a bit sceptical about coming to the course as I was unsure whether it would provide me with any new useful information, but I have to say that it was absolutely fantastic and proved invaluable.
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant objective gap safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not.