Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- US and North Korea preparing Trump-Kim summit
- Italy PM-designate Conte gives up bid for government
- Berlin far-right supporters outnumbered by counter-protest
- Syria war: Russians killed in militant raid in Deir al-Zour
- Joshua Holt case: US sanctions 'to stay' despite prisoner release
- Colombia votes in first presidential poll since Farc deal
- Alan Bean, moon-walking astronaut and artist, dies aged 86
- Bangladesh anti-drug operation leads to dozens of deaths
- Nicaragua unrest: Thousands join renewed anti-government rallies
- Irish abortion referendum: Ireland overturns abortion ban
- Huge fire at Germany's largest theme park
- Irish abortion referendum: 'We made history'
- Irish abortion referendum: How it all unfolded
- 'I want to be the first wheelchair user in space'
- Real Madrid fans celebrate Champions League victory
- Formula 1: Axcil Jefferies - Africa's first black F1 driver?
- Kilauea volcano: Hawaii homes destroyed by lava
- France wine auction: 1774 Vin Jaune fetches record price
- 'Wolf-like' creature shot near Montana ranch puzzles experts
- Iran pushes app with 'Death to America' emoji
- Chinese university hosts 'grenade-throwing' contest
- Kyrgyz mayor dons fake beard to tour city in disguise
- Tomorrow's cities: Google's Toronto city built 'from the internet up'
- Your pictures: Golden
- Harvey Weinstein: What next after first charges filed
- Irish abortion result a seismic shift
- Coming home after 130 years
27 May, 2018
Dengue Fever: Increased cases in Thailand and Argentina
South Africa: bus strike ongoing
Sri Lanka: possible rail and power strikes 8/9 May
Kenya: Further heavy rains & flo...
23 May, 2018
Most travellers have a fun and safe time in SE Asia, the area has huge opportunitites. Parts, especially in Thailand, are overflowing with travellers so one has to make a bit more of and effort to ...
18 May, 2018
The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. Our rural...
Thursday #Travel Tips. Don’t lose yr passport. How most #passport lost due to placed in daysack or hand bags which… https://t.co/ywnXw35pfb
... read more
Tomorrow to Liverpool to run 4 hr travel safety course for National Oceanic Centre @NOCnews. 5th course run
... read more
India - warning of heavy rain and thunderstorms across much of country until 20 May. Some flooding possible.
... read more
Cases of #ebola reported in west DRC @WHO working to contain the potential outbreak
... read more
As a 22 year old post university, I initially thought it overcautious when my neurotic mother signed me up for the course ahead of a solo 4 month trip to Central America. I thought I was sensible enough to know what to do while travelling (even though I hadn’t been before) and was worried the course would just scare me – I was already beginning to feel pretty nervous as my departure date approached. Ellie, Jan 2016
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant Objective Gap Safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not. Ed, June 2013
Currently half way through my 5 month travels, I can only now appreciate how useful the course was, with advice and tips constantly in the back of my mind and Charlie remaining an ever knowledgable and accessible source of information. I would highly recommend this to anyone heading travelling. Thanks so much! Milo, March 2016