Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- Catalonia independence: Puigdemont 'will not accept' Rajoy plan
- Japan goes to the polls in snap election
- WHO chief 'rethinking' Robert Mugabe's appointment
- Czech election: Billionaire Babis wins by large margin
- Trump says he will allow scheduled release of JFK files
- Militants kill Egyptian security forces in desert shoot-out
- Man arrested after knife attack in Munich
- Magazine apologises to Solange for edit
- Missing California hikers died in apparent murder-suicide
- Military cadets killed in Kabul minibus suicide bombing
- Pablo Neruda 'did not die of cancer', say experts
- Under fire in Iraq: A camera crew's view of a warzone
- Republican speaker Ryan roasts Trump at charity dinner
- Putin weighs in on Trump's performance as US president
- Why did a black man hug a neo-Nazi skinhead?
- Ballet hoping to help heal Charleston's wounds
- The woman without legs who became an equestrian champion
- India's first complete transgender couple are hoping to marry
- New Zealand town funds its own petrol station
- Japanese zoo mourns anime-loving celebrity penguin
- Icelandic Pirate Party MP forced to wear eyepatch
- Naked Indonesia
- Coming into fashion
- Sticks and axes
- The extra miles
- Night of slaughter
- Wonder down under
20 Oct, 2017
Japan: elections on 22nd October.
Peru: Nationwide curfew on 22nd Oct due is taken
Myanmar: interfaith prayer rallies across Myanmar 17,24,31 October.
Cambodia: nationwide weat...
10 Oct, 2017
Most travellers have a fun and safe time in SE Asia, the area has huge opportunitites. Parts, especially in Thailand, are overflowing with travellers so one has to make a bit more of and effort to ...
01 Oct, 2017
The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. Our rural...
Time to think about booking Gap Year safety course - best 1 month before travel. See Safety Net for tips https://t.co/ehEiGkL1aD
... read more
Flying to JoBurg, be careful! Rise in robberies on rd from OR Tambo airport to city. Cars + minibuses being targeted. Use the train?
... read more
Journalists learning anti ambush drills @EBU_Academy HEST course https://t.co/4LQi6UCIJJ
... read more
Heavy rainfall expected in #Thailand over coming days, last until 06 Oct, follow on from situation in Cambodia. Flooding likely.
... read more
As a 22 year old post university, I initially thought it overcautious when my neurotic mother signed me up for the course ahead of a solo 4 month trip to Central America. I thought I was sensible enough to know what to do while travelling (even though I hadn’t been before) and was worried the course would just scare me – I was already beginning to feel pretty nervous as my departure date approached. Ellie, Jan 2016
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant Objective Gap Safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not. Ed, June 2013
Currently half way through my 5 month travels, I can only now appreciate how useful the course was, with advice and tips constantly in the back of my mind and Charlie remaining an ever knowledgable and accessible source of information. I would highly recommend this to anyone heading travelling. Thanks so much! Milo, March 2016