Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- Greece starts to move Idomeni migrants
- Strike hits all French oil refineries
- Bourdain and Obama: Six things about the $6 meal
- N Koreans defect from overseas restaurant
- Leaked tape forces Brazil minister out
- Unity call after divisive Austria poll
- Syria blames foreign states for blasts
- Sugar shortage hits Coke in Venezuela
- Volcano eruption covers villages in ash
- Mexico begins exhumation at mass grave
- Anti-Islam MP seeks Australia comeback
- Australia to deport mother of five to UK
- Angelina Jolie to lecture at university
- Weaponised Lego 'in toy arms race'
- VIDEO: Gay refugees 'bullied' in Dutch camps
- VIDEO: 'Vietnam and the US are partners'
- VIDEO: How a pig helped this man to see again
- VIDEO: Why IS is striking in unexpected places
- VIDEO: Katy Perry in dispute over LA convent sale
- VIDEO: Building the world's largest radio telescope
- VIDEO: Obama in Vietnam: US arms embargo to end
- VIDEO: 'Dark questions' after Cizre deaths
- Anatomy of a shipwreck
- Why is Bulgaria making a big fuss about the niqab?
- The US veterans going back to live in Vietnam
- Go-Jek: On the go in Jakarta
- Kashmir's tree of protest
- Can vegans push themselves to physical extremes?
23 May, 2016
Ecuador - earthquake on 16 April kills over 640, mostly in the NW coastal area
India - high temperatures in South & East - likely to continue until monsson arrives
Turkey - High ...
20 May, 2016
Thailand has a reputation for scams, crime and drugs and therefore travellers need to keep to be careful. It must be remembered that there are very severe penalties for drugs smuggling in all SE ...
18 May, 2016
The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. Our rural...
President Obama to visit Vietnam 22 to 25 May. Elections in Burkino Faso this weekend. Monsoon has arrived in Sri Lank and southern India
... read more
Weekend protests expected in Caracus, Ven, in support of impeached Pres Rousseff in Sao P, Brazil & elections on Sun in Dominican Republic
... read more
The WHO list 4 Indian cities in the top 10 most polluted in the world. Delhi missed out at number 11! The four... https://t.co/DrBtr7IKjJ
... read more
India Hindu festival in Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh from 5 to 21 May, tens of millions on people are expected to attend. Risk of stampedes
... read more
As a 22 year old post university, I initially thought it overcautious when my neurotic mother signed me up for the course ahead of a solo 4 month trip to Central America. I thought I was sensible enough to know what to do while travelling (even though I hadn’t been before) and was worried the course would just scare me – I was already beginning to feel pretty nervous as my departure date approached. Ellie, Jan 2016
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant Objective Gap Safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not. Ed, June 2013
Currently half way through my 5 month travels, I can only now appreciate how useful the course was, with advice and tips constantly in the back of my mind and Charlie remaining an ever knowledgable and accessible source of information. I would highly recommend this to anyone heading travelling. Thanks so much! Milo, March 2016