Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- Climate talks 'could be turning point'
- Two guilty of Palestinian's murder
- Greek PM in Turkey Twitter outburst
- Pope: Christians and Muslims are brothers
- China's yuan set for IMF reserve status
- Guatemala prison fight kills 16
- Hamburg says 'No' to 2024 Olympics
- Russian pilot's body flown home
- Australian Muslims 'face high racism'
- NZ remembers Jonah Lomu at memorial
- Bryant to retire at end of season
- Taiwan and China in spy swap
- Hungry hippos move into Colombia town
- Partygoers charge into 'mini-tornado'
- VIDEO: 'Submerged countries, abandoned cities'
- VIDEO: Haka performed for Jonah Lomu
- VIDEO: Highlights from Pope's African visit
- VIDEO: The 'biggest' solar farm in the world
- VIDEO: Bald eagle rescue captured on camera
- VIDEO: Singing back at the trolls
- VIDEO: Attenborough: 'Solar should undercut oil'
- VIDEO: Obama visits Bataclan theatre
- Campaigners target online trolls by putting their comments on billboards
- SA grapples with worst drought in 30 years
- VIDEO: Syria's drought: How has the country at war coped?
- Far right group â€˜used me for propagandaâ€™
- Why do so many people hate US airports?
30 Nov, 2015
Chile - increase tension on border areas with Peru and Bolivia, India - Dengue Fever outbreak in Delhi, Burma - NLD party to win election, Kenya - continued threat of further terrrorism, India - heightened security threat in Kashmir & jammu, Argentina - Macri wins election, China - increased pollution in cities...
26 Nov, 2015
High crime levels in many cities & some civil unrest. The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. South and Central America offers so many opportinites to travellers, perhaps more than any other continent. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. However crime levels are high in some cities, so concentrate on the best bits, the rural area; the Pantanal, Andes, Amazon, Atacama Desert, Patagonia, Chilean and Argentinian Lake District.......
Tensions between Chile and Peru and Bolivia over northern borders areaa. Expect increase in patrols, checkpints etc
Experts concerned that thie 2015-2016 El Nino weather pattern will be severe - Peru and Ecudaor most at risk...
Having done a fair amount of travelling before, I was a bit sceptical about coming to the course as I was unsure whether it would provide me with any new useful information, but I have to say that it was absolutely fantastic and proved invaluable.
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant objective gap safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not.