Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- Italy earthquake: Aftershocks hamper rescue efforts
- US election: Trump calls Hillary Clinton a 'bigot'
- Bad weather takes toll on French wine production
- Syria Daraya: Deal reached to evacuate besieged town
- Crossbow used in triple murder in Canada
- Kenya athletes angry at Rio shanty accommodation
- Turkey warns Syrian Kurds to withdraw east of Euphrates
- France 'burkini ban': Court to decide on beach fines
- Storm threats to Florida and Gulf Coast
- Prince's Paisley Park home to open to the public
- Indian man carries dead wife's body for 12km
- Czech hiker found after a month in New Zealand mountain hut
- Drone footage reveals quake destruction
- Children pulled from Italian earthquake rubble alive
- Exclusive footage shows retaken IS stronghold Jarablus
- How Americans responded to Nigel Farage
- 'I was fined for wearing hijab on beach' in Cannes
- Transplant patient: 'My third face'
- Starbucks cafe destroyed as tornadoes strike Indiana
- Lawnmower prompts Northern Lights alert
- Finding Gobi: Runner reunited with marathon companion dog
- Shanghai mulls removing English from street signs
- China jaywalkers given instant road safety lesson
- Fruit smugglers 'upgrade' Russian border road
- Crying game
- 'We don't care'
- Tiny tribute
- No laughing matter
- Ghost town
- Campaigning firms
- Austrian tragedy
- Good old days
- Lights, camera, tsunami
- Sleep your way to the top
- Ghost weddings
- Go-getters in the ghetto
- Donkeys and dogs
- Prison ramen
- Female gaze
- Into the lion's den?
24 Aug, 2016
India - monsoon arrives
Turkey - High threat from Terrorism, especaily in Ankara & Istanbul
Southern Africa - drought conditions affect most countries, crops failing a food ...
22 Aug, 2016
The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. Our rural...
13 Aug, 2016
During the summer of 2016 there has been an increase in the cases of Dengue Fever across the region. Dengue is casued by day biting mosquitoes. Covering up and using insect repellant with 5...
Terrible news about the murder of Mia Ayliffe-Chung in Australia thankfully a rare and complete one off event our thoughts with her family
... read more
Reports of bomb explosions in Thai resorts of Phuket & Hua Hin. Previous warnings against threat to resorts, likely to be Islamist related
... read more
Delighted to announce our partnership with @gapyeardiy - the best platform for planning your own #GapYear. https://t.co/H3gUokjEJe
... read more
Great news that Line 4 to Olympic park in Rio is now open, really last minute as the games start on Friday https://t.co/7i9jJr5MPH
... read more
As a 22 year old post university, I initially thought it overcautious when my neurotic mother signed me up for the course ahead of a solo 4 month trip to Central America. I thought I was sensible enough to know what to do while travelling (even though I hadn’t been before) and was worried the course would just scare me – I was already beginning to feel pretty nervous as my departure date approached. Ellie, Jan 2016
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant Objective Gap Safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not. Ed, June 2013
Currently half way through my 5 month travels, I can only now appreciate how useful the course was, with advice and tips constantly in the back of my mind and Charlie remaining an ever knowledgable and accessible source of information. I would highly recommend this to anyone heading travelling. Thanks so much! Milo, March 2016