Have you ever asked yourself; How do I spot a Tsunami?
Where’s the best place to move in a terrorist attack? What is express kidnapping and am I a target? Do I know the signs and symptoms of sepsis? We answer these and so many more questions on our one-day Gap Year Travel and Safety Course.
So why do you need to go on a Gap Year Travel and Safety course?
We often hear that it’s parents who want you to come along to our course, giving them peace of mind that you’ll be safe on your gap year.
We’ll be honest, some young travellers are resistant to attend at the outset, but we find they leave the fact-filled day, not only thoroughly enjoying it but actually enthused, excited and equipped with all the knowledge to make their time away even more enjoyable and above all safe. (We’ve even had feedback that we’ve saved lives too!)
So what does the day involve?
- It’s not a lecture, we make it a fun and enjoyable.
- It’s not a classroom, it’s a small group, max. 12 people at the Trouabdour Café in London.
- Training is a mix of scenario role play, (which everyone enjoys), videos, demonstrations and discussions.
- There’s an emergency medical session, it’s a hands-on session that can really make a difference when travelling.
- We discuss diseases (malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever, rabies etc.) how to avoid them and what to do in an emergency.
- We can advise you what to pack, what to take (and suggest a few luxury items too!)
- What to do in an emergency; who to contact in the country you’re visiting. How to get a replacement passport (explaining how not to lose it in the first place!)
- Money; how much, how to carry it and what you’re likely to spend in hostels, meals and days out.
- Safety in hostels, safe travel by taxi or bus.
- We can even advise you on the best places to go whilst travelling and we can help with planning routes too.
Above all, we teach you the knowledge to get off the beaten track and explore.
YOUR gap year is all about YOU, we want you to enjoy it, stay safe and make the most of your trip.
Did you know we’ve trained over 5,000 young travellers and we’re very proud of the fantastic feedback. Why not see what some attendees actually said before you decide.
It’s not just a travel safety course, it’s a course for life
“I was fairly cynical about the course (my neurotic mother booked it) but it was fantastic” Alastair Dean
“I had an absolutely brilliant day with you guys and learnt so much - so inspiring!, will definitely be recommending to my other friends!! Keep up the amazing work! Simone Feilberg-Nielsen
Travelling with friends?
We do recommend you come to the course with the friends you are travelling with, same course or different day, that’s up to you. It will ensure that if things do go wrong, you’ll all know what to do.
Next step… check course availability
|Thu 23 Sep 21||Virtual||8||left|
|Fri 15 Oct 21||Virtual||8||left|
|Wed 20 Oct 21||London||6||left|
|Wed 10 Nov 21||London||0||left|
|Thu 25 Nov 21||Virtual||8||left|
|Thu 09 Dec 21||London||10||left|
|Tue 14 Dec 21||Virtual||8||left|
17 Sep, 2021
Thailand remains politically stable due to the fact that it's under military governship. On a simplistic level, the country is split between t...
14 Sep, 2021
Global: FCO advises against all travel overseas
Covid -19 over 4m deaths & 187m cases globally
Covid: Cases rise across SE Asia
21 Apr, 2021
Virtual Gap Year Travel Safety Course
We're delighted to be able to launch our NEW! Virtual Gap Year Travel and Safety courses. These courses have been created as we unde...