There is no doubt about it, travelling abroad takes a bit more time and effort at the moment but with a bit of research and some simple planning it's not too difficult.
Best sources of information:
• UK FCDO site. Look at ‘Entry Requirements’ selection for selected country.
• International Association of Travel Agents
• Check with your destination country's own website.
• Verify App.
Airlines get fined if passengers have incorrect documentation so expect them to be thorough with their pre-flight document checks.
You just need to be organised and in general you need:
• Proof of double vaccination. On an App and hard copy useful. NHS Covid Pass App needs to be refreshed every 30 days.
• Proof of a negative PCR test - 48 to 72 hrs prior to airline check-in.
• Complete a pre-travel health form - often via an App.
• Proof of Covid health insurance cover (generally circa $50,000).
There are a few countries such as India and Thailand who currently insist on quarantine for 5 or 7 days. Thailand has introduced a Sandbox system where one has to quarantine at one of four locations.
If you want to know more, take a look at our Gap Year Travel and Safety Training courses.
|Thu 13 Jul 23||London||6||left|
|Thu 24 Aug 23||London||8||left|
|Thu 12 Oct 23||Virtual||10||left|
|Thu 26 Oct 23||London||12||left|
|Wed 15 Nov 23||London||12||left|
|Thu 30 Nov 23||Virtual||8||left|
|Thu 07 Dec 23||London||12||left|
04 Jun, 2023
Pakistan: Arrest of Imran Khan and civil unrest
France: Protests continue
Thailand: Elections 14 May
Cambodia: Water shortages in some cities
Ecuador: State of emergency...
30 May, 2023
Do check with the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office as the picture changes the whole time. Entry requirement...
16 Apr, 2023
For the international traveller planning to visit South America, be aware of some significant issues facing any visitor. On a positive note, with the exception of Chile, the continent is genera...