Vietnam | General points James Eade | 06 Nov 2019
General points on Vietnam:
- From airport take bus 152 to city centre - central bus station close to Bui Vien which is where many of the hostels and bars are.
- Stayed Prei Nikor hostel - small but clean and very helpful
- Great local eat - Bep Me In, address: 136/9 le thanh tom. Its near Prei Nikor hostel.
- Visit War Remnants musuem - quite harrowing with graphic photographs of the American War. Suspect you would feel a bit bashed if US citizen.
- Taxi - use Vinusan.
- Bus. Use FUTA lines. I took overnight bus to Da Lat. Night bus have sleeper beds with wifi, charging points etc.
- When crossing street just walk slowly, do not run. The traffic will go around you.
Da Lat - Good for adventrure sports. Cafe An good for breakfast. Try Green Horizon for cycling tours.
- Stay BackHome Hostel
- Good for getting suits, jackets and clothes made.
- Loads of restaurants & bars.
- Hoi An to Hue on motorbike but safer to go on back local biker organised by tour company. Adventure Motorbike is a good company.
- Na Trang is full of Russians. Nice restaurants but little else.
Less happening than Hoi An. Visit Imperial Palace. Sleeper or day traiun to Hanoi. Train has advantage of taking you right into centre whereas bus staion 9 km out of capital in suburbs.
- Central Backpackers in good location
- Puku sports bar excellent for watching footy, rugby etc
For Travel Safety tips relevant to you, click below;
|Tue 02 May 23||Virtual||8||left|
|Thu 13 Jul 23||London||9||left|
|Thu 24 Aug 23||London||10||left|
|Thu 12 Oct 23||Virtual||10||left|
24 Mar, 2023
Peru: Demonstrations continue
Australia; Heavy rains in S & SE
Thailand: Elections by May
Brazil: Heavy rains in NE
South Africa: Extensive power cuts
15 Mar, 2023
Do check with the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office as the picture changes the whole time. Entry requirement...
01 Jan, 2022
Virtual Gap Year Travel and Safety Course
Our courses have been created as we understand the need for safety training for those planning a gap year travelling and our virtual course gives...