Vietnam | General points James Eade | 06 Nov 2019
General points on Vietnam:
- From airport take bus 152 to city centre - central bus station close to Bui Vien which is where many of the hostels and bars are.
- Stayed Prei Nikor hostel - small but clean and very helpful
- Great local eat - Bep Me In, address: 136/9 le thanh tom. Its near Prei Nikor hostel.
- Visit War Remnants musuem - quite harrowing with graphic photographs of the American War. Suspect you would feel a bit bashed if US citizen.
- Taxi - use Vinusan.
- Bus. Use FUTA lines. I took overnight bus to Da Lat. Night bus have sleeper beds with wifi, charging points etc.
- When crossing street just walk slowly, do not run. The traffic will go around you.
Da Lat - Good for adventrure sports. Cafe An good for breakfast. Try Green Horizon for cycling tours.
- Stay BackHome Hostel
- Good for getting suits, jackets and clothes made.
- Loads of restaurants & bars.
- Hoi An to Hue on motorbike but safer to go on back local biker organised by tour company. Adventure Motorbike is a good company.
- Na Trang is full of Russians. Nice restaurants but little else.
Less happening than Hoi An. Visit Imperial Palace. Sleeper or day traiun to Hanoi. Train has advantage of taking you right into centre whereas bus staion 9 km out of capital in suburbs.
- Central Backpackers in good location
- Puku sports bar excellent for watching footy, rugby etc
For Travel Safety tips relevant to you, click below;
|Thu 27 Jan 22||Virtual||3||left|
|Thu 10 Feb 22||London||7||left|
|Tue 01 Mar 22||Virtual||7||left|
|Thu 17 Mar 22||London||11||left|
|Thu 07 Apr 22||London||12||left|
|Tue 03 May 22||London||12||left|
21 Jan, 2022
Covid -19 over 4m deaths & 187m cases globally
New Zealand: Open to vaccinated tourists from April 22
Argentina: Opening to travellers
Thailand: Open from 1 November
21 Jan, 2022
Cases of Covid-19 are now slowing and travel is beginning to open up. However, some countries such as Uruguay remain closed to foreign nationals and all those open have strict entr...
01 Jan, 2022
Virtual Gap Year Travel and Safety Course
Our courses have been created as we understand the need for safety training for those planning a gap year travelling and our virtual course gives...