Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- US 'ready to restart negotiations' with North Korea
- Australia strawberry scare: Woolworths halts sewing needle sales
- New York inmate's golf drawings lead to exoneration in murder
- Jet Airways: Passengers hurt as pilots 'forget' cabin pressure
- Dutch rail crash: Four children killed on cargo bike
- Queensland shark attacks: Two injured in 24 hours at tourist spot
- Brett Kavanaugh: Sexual assault accuser 'needs more time'
- Pioneering US ballet dancer Arthur Mitchell dies at 84
- James Bond: Carey Fukunaga to direct next James Bond film
- New York Review of Books editor leaves over Jian Ghomeshi article
- Cane toad DNA breakthrough 'may help stop' toxic pest
- Russia doping ban: Wada tried to help Rusada lift ban in May
- Osborne Macharia on the Afrofuturism revolution
- The daring Allied plan to defeat the Nazis
- Officials watch as fiery cyclone grows over 200 ft high
- Ukraine's Roma living on fringes of society
- India's only self-made female billionaire
- Returning to Idlib - One Syrian's story
- Will peace follow South Korean President's Pyongyang trip?
- Church protests halt Georgia cannabis law
- Chinese city debuts 'bus-pooling' service
- Uzbek row over 'short skirts' in school
- My holiday with the Afghan mujahideen
- Marco Minniti: The man who cut the migrant flow to Italy
- Hologram phone calls - sci-fi or serious possibility?
- The new face of the far right in Europe
- Letter from Africa: The link between earth tremors, God and Nigeria's elections
20 Sep, 2018
USA: Extensive flooding in N Carolina
Philippines: Typhoom Mangkhut causes damage
India: Severe flooding in Kerela, 1m people affected
Australia: Drought continues, including N...
13 Sep, 2018
The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. Our rural...
09 Sep, 2018
Most travellers have a fun and safe time in SE Asia, the area has huge opportunitites. Parts, especially in Thailand, are overflowing with travellers so one has to make a bit more of and effort to ...
Storms warnings. Georgia & S Carolina braced for arrival of #HurricaneFlorence2018 whilst #Philippines wait for typ… https://t.co/EjUCqAXLu1
... read more
Hurricanes are back to Americas. #HurricaneFlorence expected landfall S Carolina Thursday evening. Currently Cat 4… https://t.co/xyTXCVOCmy
... read more
Parts of Japan hit by #TyphoonJebi. Evacuations around Kobe and Kyoto & Osaka in line of storm. https://t.co/hUFdMGLq3U
... read more
RT @EBU_Academy: You are a #Journalist, #cameraman or tech. staff working in the field? Leave nothing to chance before leaving on a #danger…
... read more
As a 22 year old post university, I initially thought it overcautious when my neurotic mother signed me up for the course ahead of a solo 4 month trip to Central America. I thought I was sensible enough to know what to do while travelling (even though I hadn’t been before) and was worried the course would just scare me – I was already beginning to feel pretty nervous as my departure date approached. Ellie, Jan 2016
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant Objective Gap Safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not. Ed, June 2013
Currently half way through my 5 month travels, I can only now appreciate how useful the course was, with advice and tips constantly in the back of my mind and Charlie remaining an ever knowledgable and accessible source of information. I would highly recommend this to anyone heading travelling. Thanks so much! Milo, March 2016